Volunteers are the key to the success of the Maui Family YMCA. Our staff depends on the talents and the extra hands that make everything we do a little extra special.
The Maui Family YMCA is thankful to have the support and dedication of volunteers who support our work, our values and our mission to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities.
Below are some events and programs that the Y is looking for help from our enthusiastic and generous volunteers!
Not Able to Volunteer?
Healthy Kids Day
An event for the whole family. Healthy Kids Day is a nationally celebrated YMCA event highlighting our delivery of mission-based programs that support the healthy growth and development of kids. Join us here for fitness and fun at the Maui YMCA annual open house! This event is a huge production where we are looking for big-hearted volunteers to help us pull this off. Click the button below for more info!
Community Workday Events
Even the smallest projects we do within our neighborhoods can have a big impact! The Y is partnering with local organizations like Malama Maui Nui to make a difference in our community through these service projects.
The Y is looking for volunteers dedicated to helping clean up our island so that all generations are able to enjoy its beauty. Whether through beach clean-ups, food service for those in need, or donation drives, the Y is asking for your help in each little step towards improving our community.
Annual Support Campaign Recruiters
Volunteers are the heart of the Y. By volunteering for this campaign, you will help to:
- Provide funding for programs that require a subsidy in order to cover the cost of operating. Many important Y programs cannot be sustained through fees alone. Examples include: Physical Education Programs, Learn to Swim, Day Camping, After School Care, and Membership programs.
- Furnish financial assistance to those who cannot afford to pay program or membership fees. Your Y operates with the philosophy of charging fees to those with the ability to pay and helping those who can’t, an honorable arrangement. 22% of Y members are receiving some form of assistance.
- Tell the Y story in the community. In meeting face to face with contributors, you provide important information about Y programs and our goals.
- Gather feedback from the community as to how we’re doing and how we are perceived. This gives Y leaders helpful information on how to improve our programs and what new goals we might pursue.
- Develop leadership for the Y and the community. Campaign volunteers have the opportunity to develop organizational and communication skills that help them succeed at work and in other civic activities. Many campaign volunteers have attributed their advancements to experiences in the Y Annual Support Campaign. In this respect, it is one of the most important, largest and most successful adult programs at the Maui Family YMCA.
- Nurture an appreciation for the value of voluntary community service and charitable giving. To choose and give freely of our time, money and talent is a unique American privilege. Yet, many people have not learned the value of giving and the great satisfaction that goes with it. We want people to learn that when they help out others, they help themselves even more.