At the Y, After School Programs are more than just kid-watching. It’s about engaging your children during those critical hours keeping them safe and thriving.
Through a partnership with the Department of Education, the Maui Family YMCA provides after school care for Maui’s children in grades K-5 through A Plus programs at public schools across the island.
The Maui Family YMCA is proud to partner with several Elementary Schools around the island in providing their After-School (A Plus) Programs. The Y currently provides this service at Haiku, Kihei, Lihikai, Pomaikai, and Puukukui Elementary Schools.
At this time, we are able to provide our services at these approved sites:
2022/2023 School Year A Plus Registration
New registrations can only be brought to our A Plus program at one of the schools listed above and turned in with the Site Coordinator.
- Some sites might have reached capacity due to staffing shortages. Please check with the Site Coordinators for waitlist status at the phones listed above during afterschool hours.
- No registration packets will be accepted at any other location. Please do not drop off registration packets with the YMCA Welcome Center or School Offices.
2022-2023 School Year Rate: $120 per month
APPLYING FOR SUBSIDY
Submitting a New Registration
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. New registrations can only be accepted with the A Plus Program itself during after school hours. DO NOT SUBMIT PAPERWORK TO SCHOOL OFFICE OR YMCA FACILITY.
- Don’t forget to bring all appropriate and completely filled out paperwork required to process registration or you will need to come back another time with all the appropriate paperwork.
- Completely filled out Registration Packet (Extra Emergency Forms for multiple children)
- Full Pay: Form of payment (check or debit/credit card only) OR Auto-Pay Authorization Form
- Subsidy: Copies of 2/4 most recent paystubs OR Copy of 2021 Tax Return with copy of W-2
- Self-Employed: Copy of General Excise Tax License along with copy of 2021 Tax Return showing Schedule C OR Copy of Business Checking Account
- Due to the staffing shortages, some of our sites are currently reaching or have reached maximum capacity. Please check with Site Coordinator about the current capacity of their program.
- If there is a waitlist, all completely verified registration packets will be dated and time-stamped to determine placement on the wait list.
- Once either more staff have been found or another child drops out of the program, the Site Coordinator will reach out to you if your child is next off the waitlist.