Whether it’s through singing or acting out skits, playing soccer or swimming; counselors at the Maui Family YMCA day camp programs have led kids in developing good values and having fun for more than 50 years. Wherever the location, the programs have the same outcome: kids have fun while they learn how to make new friends, build new skills, and grow self-confidence. For kids, the Maui Family Y camp programs are a fun way to enjoy the break from school. For moms and dads, it’s a way to give their children a positive developmental experience. All camp programs provide basic skill knowledge in several different sports and activities. All games will be played in a noncompetitive atmosphere.
The goal of all Maui Family YMCA Day Camp programs is to increase self-esteem, self-image, and self-worth among Maui County youth by developing confidence and competence in a range of hobbies and athletics.
Day Camps at Maui Family YMCA
- 250 Kanaloa Ave
Kahului, HI 96732
5 years – 12 years
Camp Program Dates
Monday, October 3rd, 2022 to
Friday, October 7th, 2022
Camp Program Days & Times
Monday through Friday
7:00 AM – 5:00 PM**
**Late pickups will result in a fee of $1 per minute, per child, after closing time
Camp Moana (Variety Camp)
$125/week for Members
$250/week for Non-Members
- Basketball, Swim, & Volleyball Camp
$150/week for Members
$300/week for Non-Members
- Art & Cooking Camp
$175/week for Members
$350/week for Non-Members
*Youth Memberships run from $19/month/child with a one-time joining fee of $25
Camp Moana (Variety Camp)
- Designated as an introductory camp to our Specialty Camps, Camp Moana offers Campers access to all the same activities offered with the other camps, but on a more limited basis. Perfect for Campers who are still figuring out what their interests are!
- Basketball Camp (5 years – 8 years of age)
- Campers will learn the basic fundamentals of the game of basketball. Dribbling, shooting, passing and defensive skills are just the beginning!
- Swim Camp (5 years – 12 years of age)
- While all Campers at the Y have the option for free swim time in our Pool, Campers in Swim Camp have extra pool time and get to participate in various daily aquatic-themed activities.
- Volleyball Camp (9 years – 12 years of age)
- Have a Camper passionate or even just a little interested in Volleyball? Sign them up for this camp to have them either keep up the skills they already know or learn those skills for the first time!
- Art Camp (5 years – 8 years of age)
- Your child will thrive in our warm, nurturing and fun creative summer Art Camp! Campers will create multiple art projects through painting, drawing, and coloring.
- Cooking Camp (9 years – 12 years of age)
- Have your children cook for you! If your camper needs to make their own meal or make a meal for the entire family, they will be prepared after taking this camp!
- Please select only one camp per week (i.e. Volleyball Camp cannot be taken in the same week as Swim Camp)
- Any duplicate registrations must be cancelled in the cart before payment is processed.
- Any cancellations or changes must be submitted via email to [email protected]
- Online registration ends on the Saturday prior to the first day of program week, all registrations thereafter must be made in-person with YMCA Welcome Center after program week has already started along with a $50 Late Registration Fee.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. You must be a member at the time of registration in order to receive the member rate. We do not do any retroactive refunds.
- Full payment is due at the time of registration. No spots can be held without payment.
A Typical Day at Camp Moana
- 7:00am-8:00am: Camp arrival
- 8:00am-8:30am: Morning announcements
- 8:30am-4:00pm: Camp activities
(Field games, indoor activities, group games, snack time, water breaks, lunch, screen time, etc.)
- 4:00pm-4:30pm: Camp cleanup
- 4:30pm-5:00pm: Camp departure
It is the mission of the YMCA to provide service for any person or family who desires to participate in the YMCA, regardless of the ability to pay. Those not able to pay the full program fee may be awarded assistance based on financial need. You must have received your award letter in the mail at the time of registration in order to receive the scholarship rate. We do not do any retroactive refunds. Click on the button below for more info about applying*
*There is a cut of date of 2 weeks prior to the start of the first week of camp for any new applications. Any applications turned in after this cut-off date will not have an award for that current season (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) and instead be applied towards the next upcoming season.