Whether it’s through singing or acting out skits, playing soccer or swimming; counselors at the Maui Family YMCA day camp programs have led kids in developing good values and having fun for more than 50 years. Wherever the location, the programs have the same outcome: kids have fun while they learn how to make new friends, build new skills, and grow self-confidence. For kids, the Maui Family Y camp programs are a fun way to enjoy the break from school. For moms and dads, it’s a way to give their children a positive developmental experience. All camp programs provide basic skill knowledge in several different sports and activities. All games will be played in a noncompetitive atmosphere.
The goal of all Maui Family YMCA Day Camp programs is to increase self-esteem, self-image, and self-worth among Maui County youth by developing confidence and competence in a range of hobbies and athletics.
Day Camp Program Overview
Day Camps at Maui Family YMCA
- 250 Kanaloa Ave
Kahului, HI 96732
5 years of age to 15 years of age
Spring Break: March 13 – March 17
Program Days & Times
Monday – Friday
7:00 AM – 5:00 PM**
**Late pickups will result in a fee of $1/minute, per child, after 5 PM
Potential Members*: $250/week/child
- *NEW* First Tee Golf, *NEW* Jr Lifeguard, Māla (Gardening), & Swim Camp
Potential Members*: $300/week/child
- Art, Cooking, & *NEW* Ninja Camp
Potential Members*: $350/week/child
*Youth Memberships available at $19/month/child with a one-time $25 join fee
Camp Moana (5 years – 12 years of age)
Campers have fun while they learn how to make new friends, build new skills, and grow self-confidence. For kids, the Maui Family Y camp programs are a fun way to enjoy the school break. For parents, it’s a way to give their children a positive developmental experience. At this camp, your camper is guaranteed to have fun!
- *NEW* First Tee Golf Camp (7 years – 12 years of age)
- Join the Hawaii First Tee Program to learn life skills and how to build self confidence, through integrating a fun curriculum of learning with golf.
- *NEW* Jr Lifeguard Camp (12 years – 15 years of age)
- Train as a lifeguard in this exciting new program! In addition to learning advanced swim skills, our Jr. Lifeguards will tackle other areas of lifeguard preparation, including: CPR, first aid, water emergencies, EMS preparedness, and physical fitness.
- Māla (Gardening) Camp (5 years – 12 years of age)
- In Māla Camp, your child will learn the fundamentals of how to grow their own organic food! This will include interactive teaching on soil and improving soil health, the history and significance of plants brought to Hawaiʻi by the first Polynesians, planting, harvesting, and preparing various crops. Yes, your child will be able to bring home their own plants and taste some delicious fresh foods! Our hope is that every child will leave feeling educated and empowered to grow their own food, with an appreciation of ʻāina and their place here in Hawaiʻi.
- Swim Camp (5 years – 12 years of age)
- While all Campers at the Y have the option for free swim time in our Pool, Campers in Swim Camp have extra pool time and get to participate in various daily aquatic-themed activities.
- Art Camp (7 years – 12 years of age)
- Your child will thrive in our warm, nurturing and fun creative summer Art Camp! Campers will create multiple art projects through painting, drawing, and coloring.
- Cooking Camp (9 years – 12 years of age)
- Have your children cook for you! If your camper needs to make their own meal or make a meal for the entire family, they will be prepared after taking this camp!
- *NEW* Ninja Camp (8 years – 12 years of age)
- Our tumbling camp is designed for kids who love to move and have fun! They will learn the basics of tumbling, from rolls and cartwheels to more advanced techniques like flips and handsprings. Our experienced coaches will guide the kids through a series of drills, games, and exercises to build strength, flexibility, and confidence.
- Please select only one camp per week (i.e. Volleyball Camp cannot be taken in the same week as Swim Camp)
- Any duplicate registrations must be cancelled in the cart before payment is processed.
- Any cancellations or changes, after payment has been collected, must be submitted via email to [email protected].
- Pre-Registration closes the Saturday prior to the first day of program week. All Late Registrations made after the Program Start Date come with an extra $50 late registration fee included in the week’s total cost.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. You must be a member at the time of registration in order to receive the member rate. We do not do any retroactive refunds.
- Full payment is due at the time of registration. No spots can be held without payment.
A Typical Day at Camp
- 7:00am-8:00am: Camp arrival
- 8:00am-8:30am: Morning announcements
- 8:30am-4:00pm: Camp activities
(Specialty/Super Camp activities, Field games, indoor activities, group games, snack time, water breaks, lunch, movie time, etc.)
- 4:00pm-4:30pm: Camp cleanup
- 4:30pm-5:00pm: Camp departure
It is the mission of the YMCA to provide service for any person or family who desires to participate in the YMCA, regardless of the ability to pay. Those not able to pay the full program fee may be awarded assistance based on financial need. You must have received your award letter in the mail at the time of registration in order to receive the scholarship rate. We do not do any retroactive refunds. Click on the button below for more info about applying*
*There is a cut of date of 2 weeks prior to the start of the first week of camp for any new applications. Any applications turned in after this cut-off date will not have an award for that current season (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) and instead be applied towards the next upcoming season.
Contact our Youth Director, Ricky, at 808-866-5218 or via email at [email protected] for more information.