|SALARY RANGE:||$10.10 – $12.00/hour (base on experience)|
Responsible for conducting the YMCA’s Swim classes. Serves as a representative of the YMCA by providing quality customer service, leads safe and effective swim lessons to all members in accordance with class descriptions. Works under the supervision and guidance of the Aquatics Director.
- Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers students and parents to other programs.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
- Knowledge of pool safety and general water safety.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in teaching the development of swimming skills to others, primarily children aged 13 and under.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques while keeping all participants safe and comfortable in the water.
- High school diploma or GED required
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification or equivalent preferred
- TB test required
All applications can be turned in to our Welcome Center or mailed in to the address, faxed to the number, or emailed below: