MAUI YMCA AFTER-SCHOOL (A+) PROGRAM
At the Y, After School Programs are more than just kid-watching. It’s about engaging your children during those critical hours keeping them safe and thriving.
Through a partnership with the Department of Education, the Maui Family YMCA provides after school care for Maui’s children in grades K-5 through A+ programs at public schools across the island.
The Maui Family YMCA is proud to partner with several Elementary Schools around the island in providing their After-School (A+) Programs. The Y currently provides this service at Haiku, Kihei, Lihikai, Pomaikai, and Puukukui Elementary Schools.
At this time, we are able to provide our services at approved sites:
- Kihei Elementary School
- Pomaika`i Elementary School
- Pu`u Kukui Elementary School
- Haiku Elementary School
- Lihikai Elementary School
2021/2022 A+ Registration
The Maui Family YMCA is ready to be a part of your child’s 2021/2022 A+ experience!
We are excited by the DOE’s decision to go back to full-time schooling for this upcoming 2021/2022 school year and are anticipating to have our sites back to normal operations by that time as well.
- Please download and print the 2021/2022 A+ Registration packet
- If you do not have access to a printer, you may pick up a packet at the Main Office of the Maui Family YMCA during operating hours
***Due to current capacity restrictions brought on by the COVID-19 Pandemic, we currently have a waitlist for ALL of our sites***
- Completed packets, including supporting documents when applying for subsidy, must be turned in directly to the Site Coordinator at the site you wish to enroll your child during after school hours up until 5:30 PM. Please allow up to 48 hours of processing time before your child is able to attend the program, if there are still openings. (Processing time might be longer for the 1st week of school)
- You may turn in completed registration packets in order to get added to the waitlist. Should capacity restrictions be reduced or lifted, we will reach out to everyone on the waitlist first.
- For Full Payers only: Bring along either a completed Auto-Payment Authorization Form or a check for the 1st month’s payment when turning in registration packets.
- DO NOT TURN INTO YMCA OR SCHOOL MAIN OFFICES
- Please Note: Emergency Forms in the Registration packet must be completed per child. You may download extra forms via the button below and turn them in along with your packet on a registration date.
- FOR FULL PAYERS ONLY: To make the payment process as hassle-free as possible for both our staff and parents, we highly encourage signing up for our Auto-Payment service
- Payments are automatically run through the card on file every 1st of each school month. No payment will be run in January since payment for December covers both months
- Any payments that are returned are required to be paid by parent’s before the 5th school day of the month along with any applicable fees or children will be dropped from our A+ Program
- Enrollment will be conducted on a first come first serve basis and confirmation of enrollment will be determined after completing registration on one of the dates below