MAUI YMCA AFTER-SCHOOL (A+) PROGRAM
At the Y, After School Programs are more than just kid-watching. It’s about engaging your children during those critical hours keeping them safe and thriving.
Through a partnership with the Department of Education, the Maui Family YMCA provides after school care for Maui’s children in grades K-5 through A+ programs at public schools across the island.
The Maui Family YMCA is proud to partner with several Elementary Schools around the island in providing their After-School (A+) Programs. The Y currently provides this service at Haiku, Kihei, Lihikai, Pomaikai, and Puukukui Elementary Schools.
At this time, we are able to provide our services at approved sites:
- Kihei Elementary School
- Pomaika`i Elementary School
- Pu`ukukui Elementary School
- Haiku Elementary School
- Lihikai Elementary School
2021/2022 A+ Registration
The Maui Family YMCA is ready to be a part of your child’s 2021/2022 A+ experience!
We are excited by the DOE’s decision to go back to full-time schooling for this upcoming 2021/2022 school year and are anticipating to have our sites back to normal operations by that time as well.
- Please download and print the 2021/2022 A+ Registration packet
- If you do not have access to a printer, you may pick up a packet at the Main Office of the Maui Family YMCA during operating hours
- Completed packets, including supporting documents when applying for subsidy, must be turned in directly to the Site Coordinator at the site you wish to enroll your child for beginning on the first day of school during after school hours. Please allow up to 48 hours of processing time before your child is able to attend the program.
- DO NOT TURN INTO YMCA OR SCHOOL MAIN OFFICES
- Please Note: Emergency Forms in the Registration packet must be completed per child. You may download extra forms via the button below and turn them in along with your packet on a registration date.
- To ensure an orderly registration process, we highly encourage you set up an appointment on the appropriate registration date before you come in
- Walk-ins will NOT be accepted at this time
- If you are applying for subsidy, please ensure that you sign up for the appropriate time slot when booking an appointment
- FOR FULL PAYERS ONLY: To make the payment process as hassle-free as possible for both our staff and parents, we highly encourage signing up for our Auto-Payment service
- Payments are automatically run through the card on file every 1st of each school month. No payment will be run in January since payment for December covers both months
- Any payments that are returned are required to be paid by parent’s before the 5th school day of the month along with any applicable fees or children will be dropped from our A+ Program
- Enrollment will be conducted on a first come first serve basis and confirmation of enrollment will be determined after completing registration on one of the dates below
A+ REGISTRATION INFO FOR LIHIKAI ELEMENTARY ONLY
LIHIKAI A+ REGISTRATION DATE & TIMES
- Friday, July 30th, 2021 from 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM
RESERVATION GUIDELINES FOR LIHIKAI A+ REGISTRATION
- Pre-booked Reservations are required before coming down to one of the dates listed above
- Reservations can be made completely online via the button below or over the phone with our Welcome Center
- Only one reservation per family is allowed (no matter which date you choose)
- An account is required in order to access the schedule to make a reservation
- Active YMCA members may use the same login that they use to book a facility reservation
- Everyone else is able to make an account by clicking on “Create a new user account”
- If you are unable to make a reservation online, you may call and book an appointment with our Welcome Center over the phone at 808-242-9007 (Please note that phone lines may be busy due to high demand and low staffing so we highly encourage you utilize our online reservation system below)