MAUI FAMILY YMCA APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
The YMCA’s Position on the Nationwide Problem of Child Abuse
We make an active effort to prevent child abuse!
Some examples may include, but are not limited to:
- A thorough background check, including but not limited to criminal background checks, references of past employers, personal references, the military, educational institutions, volunteer organizations, civic groups, personal character and extra-curricular activities.
- The YMCA does not condone child abusers and this YMCA will be seeking information in an applicant’s background related to child abuse.
- Allegations or suspicions of child abuse are taken seriously and will be reported to the State for investigation.
- Programs are structured so that no staff member/volunteer is left alone with children.
- Periodic interviews/evaluations are conducted with children and parents about day to day experiences, encouraging reports of anything out of the ordinary.
- Staff will not fraternize with children outside the programs, including baby-sitting or inviting children home.
The YMCA’s goals for child care programs are:
- To support and strengthen the family unit.
- To help children develop to their fullest potential.
- To deliver the program in a positive YMCA environment of safety, support, and care.
Feel free to contact the appropriate Department Supervisor for any questions regarding employment: