MAUI FAMILY YMCA FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Financial assistance is made available, to the extent possible, from generous donations through the Maui Family YMCA’s Annual Support Campaign.
Financial Assistance Program Guidelines
- Apply at least three weeks prior to the start date of the program. Funds are limited. If applying later than three weeks prior to the program start date, funds may already have been distributed. Having received assistance in the past does not guarantee future assistance.
- Please provide as much information as possible. An incomplete application will delay processing or may not be reviewed entirely.
- Attach proof of income and all other applicable supporting documentation. You will not be able to submit your application without proof of income requirements. Providing false income will disqualify applicant from consideration. Acceptable proofs of income include but not limited to:
- Most current 1040 Federal Tax Return
- Proof of any and all County/State/Federal Aid
- Documents indicating Child Support Payments received
- Income already “on file” or used with previous applications are NOT applicable.
- All financial assistance approved for programs will be towards a specific program – session/date(s). Approval for memberships will cover 6 months worth of membership. Please note that assistance is NOT automatically renewed – you must reapply at end of award date.
- The Y believes a strong sense of ownership and pride is developed if the financially assisted applicant contributes to the cost of the program/membership. Therefore, applicants will be asked to pay a portion of the fees.
- I agree to pay all required fees by their due date. I understand that any delinquencies in payments (i.e. late payments, returned checks) may result in termination of financial assistance and suspension from the corresponding program/membership. All unpaid balances must be paid in full prior to renewing membership or signing up for a program.
- I agree to obey the house rules of the Maui Family YMCA. I understand that failure to abide by the rules may result in early termination of my YMCA membership and/or financial assistance
- I understand that I am responsible for completing a renewal application. Each financial assistance grant lasts for a specific program/session/date. The same goes for the 6-month duration of my awarded membership amount. As a financial assistance recipient, I am responsible for completing my renewal application with the proper income documentation at least three weeks before the beginning of the program or expiration date of my membership.
- I understand that NO financial assistance grant will be applied retroactively if I decide to purchase a program/membership at full price before I receive my award letter.
- I understand that any membership awarded through the financial assistance program will not be eligible for a temporary freeze. I promise to complete a membership cancellation should I no longer wish to utilize my membership at that time.
For any inquiries regarding our Financial Assistance Program, please feel free to reach out to our Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.