MAUI FAMILY YMCA
MODIFIED OPENING PLAYBOOK
To ensure the safety of all members and staff, we are taking extra precautions as we reopen. We will be reopening our facilities and programs in three (3) phases. Phase 1 reopening (Beginning June 1st, 2020) will be restricted to basic membership services.
Plans to implement Phase 2 and 3 will depend on State, County and Health Department Guidelines. Phase 2 & 3 will include opening other facilities, expanded hours and reestablishing programs as permitted.
Modified Opening Guidelines
Modified Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Y facility use by reservation only. All reservations, including lap swimming are 55 minutes in length. Go to our website to make a reservation www.mauiymca.org/facility-reservation
- Must wear mask at entrance and until you reach your designated workout area
- Must maintain physical distancing (6 feet apart) at all times
- 15-person limit in upstairs cardio workout room per hour. On first come, first serve basis, no reservation required.
- 10 – person limit in downstairs Weight Room per hour. Multi-Use Court access now included with reservation. Reservation required.
- 5 – person limit in the Pool Lap Lanes. 1 – person/family limit for the Family Pool Zone. Reservation required.
- Staff will have personal protective equipment (masks and gloves).
- Spacing is required on cardio equipment by following guidelines in the room for use.
- Time limits on Cardio equipment will be enforced if people are waiting.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use. Gym wipes or spray bottles will be provided.
- Staff will be disinfecting all surfaces touched, throughout the day, including but not limited to counter tops, door handles and equipment.
- Members encouraged to wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Lobby seating area is open but social distancing is highly encouraged.
- Guest and day pass users are allowed back into the facility following a COVID-19 screening questionnaire upon every visit. Only same day reservations are allowed. Guests are only allowed one free visit.
- Racquetball for Singles Play Only. Up to 2 people allowed at one time only.
- Locker Room and showers are open but social distancing and the wearing of masks when applicable is highly encouraged.
The following will remain CLOSED during current Phase for safety reasons:
- Child Watch
- Free Coffee Service
On-going Programs during current Phase will include:
- Day Camp Program at 3 Maui County facilities
- Distance Learning Center provided at War Memorial Gymnasium
- Personal Training in Multi-Use Court by reservation
- Private Swim Lessons by reservation
- Private Music Lessons
- Group Exercise Classes
Reservation System for Facility Use
Visit our Online Facility Reservation web page by clicking the button below:
We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home. You should only return to the Y if you feel safe doing so. Members with pre-existing health conditions should exercise caution before returning. Anyone displaying flu-like symptoms should not come! We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through our website, email and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. In the meantime, please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you back at the Y real soon!
Click the button below for access to our Virtual Group Fitness Classes:
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
- All Members and guests shall enter through the front entrance only. Exit may be done through the front entrance or through side pool gate only.
- All members, guests, and program participants must wear a face mask
- All members and guests must go through each station before fully entering the facility:
- Hand Sanitizing
- Reception and Entry
- Guests are required to complete a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire upon every entrance into the facility
- All members and guests must clean equipment before and after each use
- All members and guests must wash hands per posted CDC guidelines
- Lockers and Showers permitted but please keep socially distant from one another and wear your mask when you are able to
- No “spotting” in the weight room permitted
- No contact of any kind permitted
- All members and guests must maintain six (6) feet of distance at all times
- Exit is approved through the front past the Welcome Center again or through side pool gate
- Members and guests are highly encouraged to follow CDC guidelines outside of the facility to mitigate risk of transmission
- If you experience any symptom at all, please refrain from coming in and contact your Primary Care Provider immediately
If you have any questions regarding our Modified Opening Plan, please don’t hesitate to email our CEO, Mike Morris, at email@example.com.