MAUI FAMILY YMCA
We are excited to announce our reopening date approved by the Governor and Mayor of June 1st, 2020!
To ensure the safety of all members and staff, we are taking extra precautions as we reopen. We will be reopening our facilities and programs in three (3) phases. Phase 1 reopening (Beginning June 1st, 2020) will be restricted to basic membership services.
Plans to implement Phase 2 and 3 will depend on State, County and Health Department Guidelines. Phase 2 & 3 will include opening other facilities, expanded hours and reestablishing programs as permitted.
Phased Reopening Guidelines
Temporary Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Y facility use by appointment only. All appointments, including lap swimming are for 55 minutes. Go to our website to make a reservation www.mauiymca.org/facility-reservation
- Must wear mask at entrance and until you reach your designated workout area.
- 15-person limit in upstairs cardio workout room per hour. On first come, first serve basis, no reservation required.
- 8 – person limit in downstairs weight room per hour. Reservation required.
- 5 – person limit in the Pool Lap Lanes. Reservation required.
- 2 – person limit in each racquetball court and Multi-use Court per hour. Reservation required.
- Must maintain physical distancing (6 feet apart) at all times.
- Staff will have personal protective equipment (masks and gloves).
- Spacing is required on cardio equipment by following guidelines in the room for use.
- Time limits on cardio equipment will be enforced if people are waiting.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use. Gym wipes or spray bottles will be provided.
- Staff will be disinfecting all surfaces touched, throughout the day, including but not limited to counter tops, door handles and equipment.
- Members encouraged to wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Lobby seating area will be closed.
- No guest passes or visiting Y members. Facility use for active Maui Y members only during current Phase.
- Racquetball for Singles Play Only. Up to 2 people allowed at one time only.
The following will remain closed during current Phase for safety reasons:
- Child Watch
- Free Coffee Service
Programming during current Phase will include:
- Summer Day Camp Program at 3 Maui County facilities
- Personal Training in Multi-Use Court by reservation
- Private Swim Lessons by reservation
- Community Garden Program
- Group Exercise Classes
- Showers, Locker Area
Reservation System for Facility Use
Visit our Online Facility Reservation web page by clicking the button below:
We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home. You should only return to the Y if you feel safe doing so. Members with pre-existing health conditions should exercise caution before returning. Anyone displaying flu-like symptoms should not come! We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through our website, email and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. In the meantime, please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you back at the Y real soon!
Click the button below for access to our Virtual Group Fitness Classes:
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
- All Members shall enter through the front entrance only.
- All members and program participants must wear a face mask
- All members must go through each station before fully entering the facility:
- Hand Sanitizing
- Reception and Entry
- No equipment of any kind may be taken in by members unless otherwise permitted.
- All members must clean equipment before and after each use
- All members must wash hands per posted CDC guidelines
- Lockers and Showers permitted but please keep socially distant from one another
- No “spotting” in the weight room permitted
- No contact of any kind permitted
- All members must maintain six (6) feet of distance at all times
- Exit is approved through the front past the Welcome Center again
- Members are highly encouraged to follow CDC guidelines outside of the facility to mitigate risk of transmission
- If you experience any symptom at all, please refrain from coming in and contact your Primary Care Provider immediately
If you have any questions regarding our Reopening Plan, please don’t hesitate to email our CEO, Mike Morris, at email@example.com.