MAUI FAMILY YMCA
MODIFIED OPENING PLAYBOOK
To ensure the safety of all members and staff, we are taking extra precautions as we reopen. We will be reopening our facilities and programs in three (3) phases. Phase 1 reopening (Beginning June 1st, 2020) will be restricted to basic membership services.
Plans to implement Phase 2 and 3 will depend on State, County and Health Department Guidelines. Phase 2 & 3 will include opening other facilities, expanded hours and reestablishing programs as permitted.
Modified Opening Guidelines
Modified Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Y facility use by reservation only. All reservations, including lap swimming are 55 minutes in length. Go to our website to make a reservation www.mauiymca.org/facility-reservation
- EFFECTIVE 01/19/2021: Mask wearing is required for ALL areas of the facility at ALL times
- Must maintain physical distancing (6 feet apart) at all times
- 15-person limit in upstairs cardio workout room per hour. On first come, first serve basis, no reservation required.
- 10 – person limit in downstairs Weight Room per hour. Multi-Use Court access now included with reservation. Reservation required.
- 5 – person limit in the Pool Lap Lanes. 1 – person/family limit for the Family Pool Zone. Reservation required.
- Staff will have personal protective equipment (masks and gloves).
- Spacing is required on cardio equipment by following guidelines in the room for use.
- Time limits on Cardio equipment will be enforced if people are waiting.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use. Gym wipes or spray bottles will be provided.
- Staff will be disinfecting all surfaces touched, throughout the day, including but not limited to counter tops, door handles and equipment.
- Members encouraged to wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Lobby seating area is open but social distancing and mask wearing is required at all times.
- Guest and day pass users are currently NOT allowed facility access at this time. We hope to welcome them back soon. Nevertheless, they are more than welcome to sign up for a Y membership at www.mauiymca.org/membership.
- Racquetball for Singles Play Only. Up to 2 people allowed at one time only.
- Locker Room and showers are open but social distancing and the wearing of masks are required at all times except in the showers.
The following will remain CLOSED during current Phase for safety reasons:
- Child Watch
- Free Coffee Service
- Guest and Day Pass services
On-going Programs during current Phase will include:
- After School (A+) Program at certain sites (Check here for more info: www.mauiymca.org/a-plus)
- Intersession Day Camp Program at certain sites (Check here for more info: www.mauiymca.org/day-camps)
- Personal Training
- Private Swim Lessons
- Private Music Lessons
- Group Exercise Classes
Reservation System for Facility Use
Visit our Online Facility Reservation web page by clicking the button below:
We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home. You should only return to the Y if you feel safe doing so. Members with pre-existing health conditions should exercise caution before returning. Anyone displaying flu-like symptoms should not come! We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through our website, email and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. In the meantime, please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you back at the Y real soon!
Click the button below for access to our Virtual Group Fitness Classes:
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
- All Members and guests shall enter through the front entrance only. Exit may be done through the front entrance or through side pool gate only.
- All members, guests, and program participants must wear a CDC-approved face mask at ALL times in ALL areas
- All members and guests must go through each station before fully entering the facility:
- Hand Sanitizing
- Reception and Entry
- Guests are only allowed access to Welcome Center area or facility tours at this time
- All members must clean equipment before and after each use
- All members and guests must wash or sanitize hands per posted CDC guidelines
- Lockers and Showers permitted but please keep socially distant from one another and wear your mask at ALL times except in the shower
- No “spotting” in the weight room permitted
- No contact of any kind permitted
- All members and guests must maintain six (6) feet of distance at all times
- Exit is approved through the front past the Welcome Center again or through side pool gate
- Members and guests are highly encouraged to follow CDC guidelines outside of the facility to mitigate risk of transmission
- If you experience any symptom at all, please refrain from coming in and contact your Primary Care Provider immediately
If you have any questions regarding our Modified Opening Plan, please don’t hesitate to email our CEO, Mike Morris, at firstname.lastname@example.org.