MAUI FAMILY YMCA
MODIFIED OPENING PLAYBOOK
To ensure the safety of all members and staff, we are taking extra precautions as we reopen. We will be reopening our facilities and programs in three (3) phases. Phase 1 reopening (Beginning June 1st, 2020) will be restricted to basic membership services.
Plans to implement Phase 2 and 3 will depend on State, County and Health Department Guidelines. Phase 2 & 3 will include opening other facilities, expanded hours and reestablishing programs as permitted.
Modified Opening Guidelines
Modified Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- EFFECTIVE 09/15/2021: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test 48 hours prior to entrance required for entry into facility as mandated by Mayor Victorino
- COVID-19 Vaccination Records Card, picture of card on mobile device, Hawaii Smart Health Card QR code, and physical or digital COVID-19 test results are all accepted forms of proof
- Exemptions include:
- Children 11 years of age and under
- Parent/Guardians of Program Participants
- Members and Program Participants only utilizing outdoor areas of facility or programs (pool, martial arts, swim lessons, etc.)
- EFFECTIVE 07/08/2021: Reservations are no longer needed for most areas of the facility and certain times in the pool. Reservations are still required for use of the Racquetball Courts, SPIN Classes, and certain Swim Lane Times. Go to our website to make a reservation www.mauiymca.org/facility-reservation
- EFFECTIVE 01/19/2021: Mask wearing is required for ALL areas of the facility at ALL times
- Must maintain physical distancing (6 feet apart) at all times
- 25 – person limit in upstairs cardio workout room per hour. On first come, first serve basis, no reservation required.
- 25 – person limit in downstairs Weight Room per hour. Multi-Use Court access now included with reservation. On first come, first serve basis, no reservation required.
- Pool separated into Open Lap Swim, Private Lap Lanes, and Family Pool Zone. Reservation not required for Open Lap Swim but is required for Private Lap Lanes & Family Pool Zone.
- Staff will have personal protective equipment (masks and gloves) on at all times and have spares available for use for members and guests.
- Spacing is required on cardio equipment by following guidelines in the room for use.
- Time limits on Cardio equipment will be enforced if people are waiting.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use. Gym wipes or spray bottles will be provided.
- Staff will be disinfecting all surfaces touched, throughout the day, including but not limited to counter tops, door handles and equipment, etc.
- Members encouraged to wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer from one of our hand sanitizing stations around the facility.
- Lobby seating area is open but social distancing and mask wearing is required at all times.
- Guest and day pass users are allowed facility access again. Please note that you must be referred from an active member or take a facility tour to be eligible for a guest pass. Day passes cost $10 per daily visit. Reservations are NOT allowed for Guest and Day Users, they may jump into any openings that are available for that day by checking with our Welcome Center.
- Racquetball for Singles and Double Play allowed. Up to 4 people max are allowed at one time only. Reservations required.
- Locker Room and showers are open but social distancing and the wearing of masks are required at all times except in the showers.
On-going Programs during current Phase will include:
- After School (A+) Program at certain sites (Check here for more info: www.mauiymca.org/a-plus)
- Intersession Day Camp Program at certain sites (Check here for more info: www.mauiymca.org/day-camps)
- Guest and Day Pass services
- Personal Training
- Private Swim Lessons
- Private Music Lessons
- Group Exercise Classes
- Kids Club (Child Watch is back with a new name! More info at www.mauiymca.org/kids-club)
Reservation System for Facility Use
Visit our Online Facility Reservation web page by clicking the button below:
We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still sheltering at home. You should only return to the Y if you feel safe doing so. Members with pre-existing health conditions should exercise caution before returning. Anyone displaying flu-like symptoms should not come! We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through our website, email and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. In the meantime, please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you back at the Y real soon!
Click the button below for access to our Virtual Group Fitness Classes:
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
- All Members and guests shall enter through the front entrance past the Welcome Center only
- All members, guests, and program participants must wear a CDC-approved face mask at ALL times in ALL areas
- EFFECTIVE 09/15/2021: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test 48 hours prior to entrance required for entry into facility as mandated by Mayor Victorino (exemptions available, see above)
- All members and guests must go through each station before fully entering the facility:
- Hand Sanitizing
- Reception (scan card) and Entry
- All Guests MUST check-in with the Welcome Center upon each visit to the facility
- All members must clean equipment before and after each use
- All members and guests must wash or sanitize hands per posted CDC guidelines
- Lockers and Showers permitted but please keep socially distant from one another and wear your mask at ALL times except in the shower
- No “spotting” in the weight room permitted
- No contact of any kind permitted
- All members and guests must maintain six (6) feet of distance at all times
- Exit is only allowed through the front entrance past the Welcome Center
- Members and guests are highly encouraged to follow CDC guidelines outside of the facility to mitigate risk of transmission
- If you experience any symptoms at all, please refrain from coming in and contact your Primary Care Provider immediately
If you have any questions regarding our Modified Opening Plan, please don’t hesitate to email our CEO, Mike Morris, at firstname.lastname@example.org.