MEMBERSHIP FREEZE REQUEST
We understand that there might be reasons where you will not use your membership for a certain length of time and wish to accommodate you as best as possible and avoid the possibility of cancelling outright. There are two ways to request a membership freeze:
Visit our Welcome Center and fill out a Membership Freeze Request Form
- Complete the Online Freeze Request process below
*Absolutely NO membership freezes are accepted over the phone*
Please complete the process below to request to freeze your membership online. Our Membership Coordinator, Adam Alirez, will follow-up with you via email on the status of your freeze request after submission.
Membership Freeze Policy
- A freeze request form can be filled out any time,
however, it needs to be turned in 30 days prior to the next expected draft date (on the 20th of every month) in order to avoid that automatic payment. Maximum freeze length is 1 full year from start date approved by Membership Coordinator.
- Memberships on Scholarship are not eligible for freeze. Refer to the Membership Cancellation page to cancel this particular membership instead. During this crisis, all scholarship memberships will be automatically extended proportional to the number of days that we are closed. No payments starting in April will be billed until our re-opening.
- Understand that this is only a request, meaning the approval and enactment of this freeze is entirely based on the reason written below fully at the discretion of the Membership Coordinator. Approval or denial of freeze will be informed via email to the address written below.
Those who wish to take their membership off freeze before End Date stated below, will be responsible for paying for the month their freeze comes off; amount to be pro-rated and calculated by Welcome Center.
- A freeze will not go into effect if the member(s) owes any outstanding fees to the YMCA including but not limited to membership dues, locker fees, returned checks or bank drafts.
- If you are currently renting a locker and want to keep it active, payment for all months that freeze is in effect for must be paid before freeze can start. If you are not planning to use your locker during the duration of the freeze, please vacate the locker before start of freeze. Please contact our Membership Coordinator, Adam, below to coordinate a pickup day and time.
- The requested Start and End Dates stated below are tentative and must be confirmed by the Membership Coordinator before they are finalized in accordance to the 30 day notice policy. These dates will be confirmed by the Membership Coordinator via email after this online request form is submitted.
Online Membership Freeze Instructions
- Click on the button below to go to our operating site and then click on blue Register button
- It will ask that you login to your online YMCA account first before being able to continue with the request process.
- If you have not logged in before, you may set up online access to your account by clicking on the Find Account button in the middle column.
- If your account has an obsolete email address or you forgot the payment method attached to your membership in order to verify your identity, please email our Membership Coordinator, Adam, at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- IMPORTANT: After verifying your identity to create your login, an email will be sent to you to complete setting up online access. THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR FREEZE.
- You must then head back to this page and complete this process by logging in with the login information that you just created.
- You will know that you have completed the request process when you have reached the signature page.
- Our Membership Coordinator will contact you via email to confirm your finalized freeze start and end dates