|SALARY RANGE:||$10.25 – $13.00/hour (based on experience)|
Responsible for the safety of members, program participants and patrons using the Maui Family YMCA aquatic facility. Serves as a representative of the YMCA by providing quality customer service, while meeting all standards and expectations.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of pool policies and procedures including pool maintenance, first aid and CPR.
- Uniformly enforces all pool rules and procedures.
- Always follows the life guarding scanning procedures.
- Remains alert and attentive throughout your shift.
- Wear rescue tube & whistle at the times.
- Sits in an elevated lifeguard chair or patrols at the edge of the pool.
- Remains aware of visibility issues and rotates positions accordingly.
- Checks pool for any foreign matter on opening, closing and throughout the day.
- Makes rescues, coordinates emergency procedures and administers first aid as necessary.
- Communicates with members regarding pool activities and specialty classes; develop relationships with members:
- Knows pool schedule (classes and activities)
- Keeps members informed of daily and upcoming events in the pool
- Maintains positive relations and rapport with patrons
- Keeps accurate count of pool usage and record on appropriate forms.
- Report any malfunctioning/broken/missing equipment to supervisor.
- Responsible for finding own substitute when unable to fulfil your shift. Supervisor must be notified of any changes to schedules no later than 4 hours prior to start of shift.
- Required to keep all certifications up to date, allowing no lapse in certifications.
- Record time worked accurately on timesheets and hand in by required deadlines.
- Know emergency procedures, report accidents/injuries or broken equipment and complete accident reports as needed.
- Perform CPR and/or First Aid as needed
- Supervisor must be notified in cases of extreme emergencies when the pool must be closed prior to closing the pool.
- Attend staff meetings.
- To exemplify the YMCA’s core values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
- Assume responsibility for all facilities, equipment and supplies of the site
- Assist in association events, campaigns fair and school demonstrations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, AED and Oxygen Administration
- Child Abuse Prevention Training
- Current group fitness certifications
- Patience and the ability to communicate with all ages and levels of students, parents and caregivers, and other Y staff and volunteers
- Job requires physical activity.
- Occasional lifting is required. 3. During regular work duties you may encounter blood borne pathogens.
- All Lifeguard, CPR, and First Aid certifications provided by the Y at no cost to the applicant if hired
- Free Family Membership at the Maui YMCA
- 50% discount on all Y Programming on top of member discount
- Access to one of the best retirement plans available on the market today
All applications can be turned in to our Welcome Center or mailed in to the address, faxed to the number, or emailed below: