Membership Options During COVID-19 Crisis
Thank you for all that you do as a member of the Y. If you need to change your membership due to any extenuating circumstance, we understand. Find resources below to get started.
More than ever, your membership means more
As we work to continue to serve you, I have an urgent request for you: Please stay with us during this difficult time and keep your membership active.
By continuing your membership, you will allow us to maintain the financial resources needed to focus our time, people and energies to where our community needs it most. In particular, our Y is focused on the following key initiatives and issues:
- Aligning with community partners regarding child care needs for healthcare workers, first responders and “essential” employees protecting our community through our Emergency Childcare Program
- Become a resource center for the community offering drop off and pickup for essential community needs
- Working with Maui Health Department to targeted high-need populations
- Meal distribution site for low income families through our Emergency Grab&Go Meal Program
- Continuing to provide pay for 130 Y employees out of work now, the majority who served in our after school care. In addition, our fitness instructors, lifeguards and front desk staff are without a job until the Y reopens.
- Maintaining the facility to be ready for reopening
Introducing My Virtual YMCA
With Social Distancing becoming the new norm for the next year or so, the Maui Family YMCA is proud to announce My Virtual YMCA! Some of your favorite fitness instructors will be holding virtual classes everyday for free and for anyone! We will also have videos and virtual classes to keep your children active during the closures! Check out Your Virtual YMCA now by clicking the button below!
Option 1: Keep my membership active to support my Y and my community
By continuing your membership, you will provide much needed resources for our emergency services that gives crucial aid to our community during this time of crisis. With this generous gift, we can continue our Emergency Childcare Program to provide critical help to our community’s essential workers.
If you choose this option you do not have to do anything but accept our deep gratitude. Your membership will just continue on as normal.
Option 2: Freeze my Membership until I am able to enjoy the Y again
It’s unavoidable that we will have to make some tough decisions that will impact our team in order to preserve the Y for future generations, however every single commitment of support from you will help. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We know you are dealing with all the same things we are and we are thankful to have you with us, even if just in spirit.
If you decide not to use your membership as a donation, you can freeze your membership until the Y is back in full operation.
Option 3: I would like to be a Y Superhero and make a donation
If you would like to donate in addition to your membership or if you can’t afford a full membership price to donate but wish to donate a smaller amount, we appreciate any gesture of goodwill.
All donations fund the Y’s efforts to help provide critical childcare to emergency service personnel, support your local community, and help us expand our efforts.
Any amount is valued and greatly appreciated.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact our Membership Coordinator, Adam Alirez, at email@example.com or call 808-242-9007 ext. 5215.